On February 11, Samsung hosted a Galaxy Unpacked event in San Francisco to unveil several new, innovative mobile devices – the Galaxy S20 5G, S20+ 5G and S20 Ultra 5G , along with the foldable Galaxy Z Flip.
Check out the video above for a full replay of the Samsung Galaxy Unpacked event.
Key Moments From the Galaxy Unpacked Event
(0:32:20) “Smartphones are a part of our everyday lives, but this is no ordinary smartphone – it changes everything. A phone’s shape, size and the very way we use it.” –Rebecca Hirst, Head of UK Mobile Product Marketing, Samsung Electronics
(0:48:50) “With its high speed, low latency and massive capacity to connect millions of devices, 5G brings the power to transform everything people can do with their phones. And now, Samsung is making 5G available to more people, more quickly than anyone thought possible.” –Dr. TM Roh, President and Head of Mobile Communications Business, Samsung Electronics
(0:55:30) “We spent months asking thousands of smartphone users across the world, when it came to camera, what mattered most? And no matter who we asked, we got the same answer: quality, quality, quality.” –Drew Blackard, Head of US Mobile Product Management, Samsung Electronics
(0:59:10) “For years, Samsung has led the market in 8K TV technology, and today we’re bringing that expertise to mobile. Thanks to the S20’s super high resolution, you can capture videos in stunning 8K.” –Drew Blackard, Head of US Mobile Product Management, Samsung Electronics
(1:05:05) “The S20 Ultra comes with an advanced, cutting-edge zoom function. For camera zoom, you usually need more focal length which means a bulkier device, but when it comes to smartphones, that isn’t a great option. So, we built it with a folded lens – when the light enters the telelens, it’s refracted at an angle creating a powerful zoom effect. The folded lens allows for up to 10x hybrid optic zoom.” –Drew Blackard, Head of US Mobile Product Management, Samsung Electronics
(1:16:40) “With the Galaxy S20, Google Duo will be natively integrated right into your contacts, phone and messages. We’ve worked with Google to integrate their software with our hardware bringing new Duo features to Galaxy smartphones, starting with the S20 and the Galaxy Z Flip.” –David S. Park, Head of US Mobile Channel Marketing, Samsung Electronics
While We Have You
- Read our top 10 reasons why upgrading to the Galaxy S20 5G is a smart mobile investment.
- Test your knowledge of the past decade of Galaxy S smartphones with our Galaxy Geeks quiz.
- Get up close with the S20’s breakthrough camera system, featuring Space Zoom.
For IT Professionals Looking to Go a Level Deeper
- Get a full view of Samsung’s Knox security platform and management tools that can help you more effectively run your mobile program.
- Find out where you stand on the Mobile Maturity Curve by taking our three-minute interactive assessment.
- Use our Mobile Cost Calculator to find out how your investment in mobile stacks up to your industry peers.
- Download our IT Manager’s Guide to a Successful Mobile Program.