Samsung Bus Galaxy S8 Giveaway
THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE 50 US STATES/DC ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE AND RESIDE IN AN ELIGIBLE STATE AT THE TIME OF PARTICIPATION. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE THE CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. MULTIPLE ENTRY DEADLINES APPLY. BY PARTICIPATING IN POP QUIZ (“CONTEST”), PARTICIPANT AGREES TO BE BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL RULES, WHICH SHALL BE FINAL IN ALL RESPECTS. USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS SUBJECT TO THE SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS AMERICA, INC PRIVACY STATEMENT, WHICH IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT ANY TIME, LOCATED AT http://www.samsung.com/us/common/privacy.html.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open only to individuals who are legal U.S. residents of the 50 United States and the District of Colombia and who are 18 years of age or older, except as follows: 19 in AL and NE and 21 in MS, and are visitors to the Samsung Bus at the Jersey City, NJ stop on Thursday, August 3, 2017 (the “Event”). Individuals must be present to win. The following persons are not eligible to participate: employees, contractors, directors, and officers of Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (“Sponsor”) and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, distributors, Web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies (including PMG) involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Contest (collectively “Promotion Parties”), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or “step”) of each and those living in their same households (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three (3) months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Contest).
2. CONTEST PERIOD: Begins on or about 11:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on August 3, 2017 and ends at 2:00 p.m. ET on August 3, 2017 (“Contest Period”).
3. HOW TO ENTER: During the contest period, entrants will be required to visit the Samsung Bus, which will be located at 10 Exchange Place, Jersey City, NJ, on Thursday, August 3, 2017 between 11:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. ET. Entrants will be asked to show some form of work identification, i.e. a business card or workplace badge and an offer claim posted on Facebook or Twitter by Samsung Business. Any form of participation in the Contest other than described in these Official Rules is void. Limited to one entry per person. An individual may only win during the Contest period one time.
4. DRAWINGS: Following the contest period, a representative of Samsung Electronics America will perform a random drawing of five (5) entrants from all eligible entries. Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received for each Drawing Period. Limit one (1) prize per household for the entire Contest Period.
5. PRIZES: Five (5) Samsung Galaxy S8 devices will be mailed to the individuals selected during the drawings. Winners will be contacted via contact information provided at entry. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Prize is $575*. Approximate total ARV of all Prizes is $2,875*.
*ARV is the average MSRP of the Samsung Galaxy S8.The device pricing is approximate and subject to change based on retail pricing set by Sponsor and carrier/retail partners. The Prizes consist of the device(s) only and do not include any wireless plan or service.
6. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor and/or Promotion Parties resulting from entrant’s participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with the Contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor and Promotion Parties for technical problems, equipment costs, internet/cellular telephone access or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences whether caused by Sponsor, users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of submissions which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in the Contest and/or which may affect the operation of the Contest: Hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic or Internet connectivity or other online or network communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet providers, servers, hosts or other providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any online transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted or incomplete transmissions; inaccessibility of the Website in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or Website; unauthorized human or nonhuman intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, fraud, theft, virus, bugs, or worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, technical or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Website. Use of Website is at user’s own risk. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind, which may be sustained, to users or any other person’s computer and/or telephone equipment resulting from participation in the Contest.
THE CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE IN THE COUNTY OF DALLAS, TEXAS. IF THE CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM IS NOT OTHERWISE RESOLVED THROUGH DIRECT DISCUSSIONS OR MEDIATION, IT SHALL THEN BE RESOLVED BY FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION IN ACCORDANCE WITH ITS ARBITRATION RULES AND PROCEDURES OR SUBSEQUENT VERSIONS THEREOF (“AAA RULES”). THE AAA RULES FOR SELECTION OF AN ARBITRATOR SHALL BE FOLLOWED, EXCEPT THAT THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE EXPERIENCED AND LICENSED TO PRACTICE LAW IN TEXAS. ALL PROCEEDINGS BROUGHT PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH WILL BE CONDUCTED IN DALLAS COUNTY, TEXAS. THE REMEDY FOR ANY CLAIM SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL DAMAGES, AND IN NO EVENT SHALL ANY PARTY BE ENTITLED TO RECOVER PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCIDENTAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ATTORNEY’S FEES OR OTHER SUCH RELATED COSTS OF BRINGING A CLAIM, OR TO RESCIND THIS AGREEMENT OR SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR ANY OTHER EQUITABLE RELIEF. ANY DEMAND FOR ARBITRATION 5 MUST BE FILED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR OF THE TIME THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUED, OR THE CAUSE OF ACTION SHALL BE FOREVER BARRED.
7. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be notified by the preferred contact method provided at the time of entry, and will be required to respond within 12 hours from initial notification attempt. Potential winners will not be official winners until their eligibility has been verified and any requested prize-related documents have been signed and returned. If attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, if any required documents are not completed, if winner cannot be verified or found, if the winner is not an eligible entrant under these Official Rules, or if winner is otherwise unable to accept the prize as stated, prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner.
8. RELEASE OF LIABILITY: By participating in the Contest, entrants release Sponsor and Promotion Parties from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such entrant’s participation in the Contest. By accepting a prize, each winner (a) agrees that the Sponsor and Promotion Parties will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by winner against, any liability for injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Contest; from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of prize and (b) grants (and agrees to confirm grant in writing promptly upon request) to Sponsor and those acting under Sponsor’s authority, the right to the use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, image, statements and biographical information, at any time or times, for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, in perpetuity, including the World Wide Web without review, notification or approval, and additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor is not liable in the event that any portion of the Contest or prize is canceled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond its control (a “Force Majeure Event”).
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Each winner is solely responsible for any and all taxes and related expenses on the prize, and may receive an IRS Form 1099 for the actual retail value of the prize. No cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. No transfer of prize is permitted. Unclaimed prize(s) will not be awarded. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor may, at its sole discretion, randomly award the prize from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to cancellation. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational 6 institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
LEGAL WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL, WHETHER OR NOT AN ENTRANT, TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE, DESTROY, TAMPER OR VANDALIZE AN OFFICIAL SAMSUNG TWITTER ACCOUNT OR INTERFERE WITH THE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST OR ANY OTHER FRAUDULENT ACTIVITY IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND THE SPONSOR RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND DILGENTLY PURSUE ALL REMEDIES AT LAW OR IN EQUITY AGAINST ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. WINNERS LIST: To obtain a list of winners, please send a self-addressed stamped business-size envelope to: Samsung Bus Galaxy S8 Giveaway Winners List Request, Golin, Galleria Tower 2
13455 Noel Road, Floor 11, Dallas, Texas 75240. All requests must be received no later than September 1, 2017
11. SPONSOR: Samsung Electronics America, Inc. 85 Challenger Rd., Ridgefield Park, NJ, 07660. © 2016 Samsung Electronics America, Inc. Samsung and Gear VR are both trademarks of Samsung Electronics America.