Making USCG more ready, resilient and relevant through the use of emerging mobile technology is a strategic imperative.
It should be no surprise to learn that the vast majority of consumers are now actively using their smartphones as shopping tools while inside brick-and-mortar stores. Although some retailers may view this development as a type of threat, this level of mobile connectedness is actually a fantastic selling opportunity.
How are shoppers utilizing their smartphones while in-store?
- They’re searching for information about products and prices, including customer feedback and reviews.
- They want to find relevant digital coupons and offers.
- They are wondering if they can use their phone to make a mobile payment.
Retailers should encourage this behavior, and positively position themselves by taking the following steps:
- Create a mobile-friendly website that provides easy, intuitive access to needed information.
- Build a mobile app that engages and interacts with users by providing them with push notifications and digital coupons on their phones. Use gamification to award points for visits and purchases.
- Train store staff to accept mobile payments. Shoppers with the latest Samsung smartphones can already pay digitally, even at non-near field communication (NFC) purchase terminals.
- Consider installing proximity-based technology solutions. Use beacons to influence purchases and provide the exact information a shopper needs at the point of decision anywhere in the store.
- Read up on the next round of potential technology enhancements, including augmented reality, predictive analytics and in-store shopper tracking opportunities, such as using in-store GPS and light field communication (LFC).
Retailers that proactively engage with customers via their smartphones can enjoy increased sales, more satisfied shoppers and a deeper understanding of consumer in-store behavior.
Learn about more retail solutions and technology from Samsung and how to leverage mobility trends to your advantage.