Mobility is increasingly necessary in the workplace. Strengthen your business' ROI with this complete guide.
It should be no surprise to learn that the vast majority of consumers are now actively using their smartphones as shopping tools while inside brick-and-mortar stores. Although some retailers may view this development as a type of threat, this level of mobile connectedness is actually a fantastic selling opportunity.
How are shoppers utilizing their smartphones while in-store?
- They’re searching for information about products and prices, including customer feedback and reviews.
- They want to find relevant digital coupons and offers.
- They are wondering if they can use their phone to make a mobile payment.
Retailers should encourage this behavior, and positively position themselves by taking the following steps:
- Create a mobile-friendly website that provides easy, intuitive access to needed information.
- Build a mobile app that engages and interacts with users by providing them with push notifications and digital coupons on their phones. Use gamification to award points for visits and purchases.
- Train store staff to accept mobile payments. Shoppers with the latest Samsung smartphones can already pay digitally, even at non-near field communication (NFC) purchase terminals.
- Consider installing proximity-based technology solutions. Use beacons to influence purchases and provide the exact information a shopper needs at the point of decision anywhere in the store.
- Read up on the next round of potential technology enhancements, including augmented reality, predictive analytics and in-store shopper tracking opportunities, such as using in-store GPS and light field communication (LFC).
Retailers that proactively engage with customers via their smartphones can enjoy increased sales, more satisfied shoppers and a deeper understanding of consumer in-store behavior.
Learn about more retail solutions and technology from Samsung and how to leverage mobility trends to your advantage.