In today’s fast-paced digital world, sharing files seamlessly between devices is crucial. Samsung understands this and has developed innovative features like Nearby Share, Private Share and Quick Share to make file sharing easier, more efficient and more secure. In this guide, we’ll explore these three powerful file-sharing tools and provide step-by-step instructions to help you make the most of them.
1. Making the most of Nearby Share
Nearby Share is the perfect solution for sharing files, photos and links with ease. Follow these steps to become a Nearby Share expert:
- Open the Gallery app on your Samsung Mobile device.
- Tap on the album containing the image you want to share.
- Select the desired image or images by tapping on them.
- Tap the symbol at the bottom of the image selection.
- Locate and tap the “Nearby Share” button. Your device searches for nearby users.
- Ensure the recipient’s device has “Nearby Share” turned on from the quick panel.
- Make sure both devices are unlocked, close together, and have Bluetooth and location turned on.
- From the “Nearby Share” pop-up window, tap on the icon of the recipient’s device.
- Wait for the recipient to accept the connection.
- Once connected, your Samsung Mobile device shares the image and confirms the successful transfer.
- The transfer continues even if you exit Nearby Share.
- You also can use Nearby Share to share files and links.
2. Prioritizing your privacy with Private Share
Samsung Mobile prioritizes your privacy, and Private Share is designed to provide robust privacy options for sharing files.
Private Share uses blockchain-based encryption technology. Through Private Share, content is encrypted before delivery. You can control the recipient’s access and can see when the recipient received and opened it
Here’s how it works:
- Go to “Settings” on your Samsung Mobile device.
- Tap on “Biometrics and security.”
- Select “Private Share.”
- Agree to the terms and follow the onscreen instructions, granting the required permissions.
- Tap “Share files.”
- Choose the type of file you want to share.
- Select an image or file.
- Tap “Done.”
- Choose a recipient from your contacts.
- Tap “Send.”
Setting an expiry date: Adding an extra layer of security
You can set an expiry date for shared files, ensuring they won’t be accessible after a certain time:
- In the Private Share settings, tap “Expiry date.”
- Set the desired expiry time.
- Confirm your selection by tapping “Done.”
Revoking Shared Files: Regaining control
Even after a file has been shared, you can revoke access:
- Select the recipient from the Private Share menu.
- Tap the more icon, usually represented by three dots.
- Choose “Revoke shared files.”
- Select the file you want to revoke.
- Tap “Revoke sharing.”
- Confirm by tapping “Revoke.”
3. Using Quick Share for effortless sharing across Samsung mobile devices
Quick Share enables you share images, videos, and files instantly with your friends. You can share files with up to 5 people simultaneously without the need of pairing devices.
Here’s how it works:
- Open your Gallery or My Files app.
- Select the file or creation you want to share.
- Tap the share icon to bring up the sharing options.
- Choose Quick Share from the list.
- Select the recipient’s Samsung Mobile device.
- On the recipient’s device, tap “Open” to access the shared content.
Whether it’s photos, videos or various files, Quick Share ensures instant transfers without relying on email or messaging apps. It’s the ideal way to share seamlessly within the Samsung Mobile ecosystem.
Sharing made simple
Samsung Mobile understands the importance of convenient and secure file sharing. With Nearby Share, Private Share and Quick Share, you can share photos, files and links effortlessly while maintaining your privacy. By following the step-by-step instructions provided in this guide, you’ll become proficient in these innovative features and unlock their full potential. Now, you’re equipped to enjoy a seamless and secure file-sharing experience with your Samsung Mobile device.