Link to Windows is integrated on your Samsung Galaxy mobile device natively. It offers a smart way to access your mobile device, such as the Samsung Galaxy Z Fold5 or Samsung Galaxy Z Flip5, without picking it up. After linking your device to a Windows PC, you can use the PC to make calls, send texts, transfer photos and access the apps on your device. Read on to learn how to set up Link to Windows on your mobile device and take advantage of its many features.
- Download the Phone Link app from the Microsoft Store to your Windows PC. Open the Phone Link app on your PC. You may be prompted to sign in to your Microsoft account if you haven’t already done so.
- Choose Android as your mobile OS. You’re now presented with a QR code to scan on your Samsung Galaxy mobile device.
- Next, activate the Phone Link app on your mobile device. Since the Phone Link app is integrated natively on your Samsung device, just swipe down to access your Quick Panel. Next:
- Tap on “Link to Windows.”
- Turn on “Link to Windows.”
- Then, tap the “Sign in with Microsoft” button.
- Choose to sign in using your Microsoft account credentials or by scanning the QR code. This links your devices.
- After linking, “Link to Windows” now indicates the PC to which you are connected.
Using a PC as an extension of your device
Once you’re set up, you can access your Samsung Galaxy mobile device on your PC via the cloud. You can also:
- View and manage notifications on your mobile device by clicking on “Notifications.”
- Send and receive text messages over your phone via the “Messages” tab.
- View recent photos using the “Photos” tab. Drag and drop images from your phone to your Windows PC desktop.
What's the best phone for your business?
- Use “Phone screen” to mirror your mobile device’s display on your PC.
- Access all your mobile apps using your PC’s touchpad — without picking up your mobile device. For example, stream music or a podcast on Spotify, or adjust your morning alarm quickly.
- Take phone calls on your PC since your phone and PC are paired over Bluetooth. Tap on “Calls” to place a call or access your call history.
Link to Windows offers a convenient way to access your Samsung Galaxy mobile device quickly and wirelessly from your Windows PC, any time you need to, without picking up the device.