Dubbed “the world’s most important gathering of CIOs and senior IT executives,” the Gartner Symposium/ITxpo takes place in Orlando from October 1 to October 5, bringing together the world’s leading experts to discuss the trends and innovations shaping business and IT today.
What’s on the Agenda
From leveraging the emerging technology behind artificial intelligence to shaping the future of customer experience, there will be a lot to choose from for those in attendance. The varied topics covered on the agenda ensure attendees can get the latest on the Internet of Things revolution, the “platform economy,” as well as leadership in the digital age. The conference will also look at how traditional security approaches just no longer work, and how CIOs need to adopt proactive measures, rather than just reactive ones.
5 Things to Watch Out For From Samsung
Samsung will be showcasing how its suite mobile products for the enterprise can help improve productivity and enhance security, as well as opening up new opportunities to disrupt and innovate.
1. Eric McCarty, vice president of mobile product marketing for Samsung, will speak on mobile security risk Wednesday, October 4 at 10:15 a.m. His talk will cover the problems that enterprises face today when dealing with mobile security risks in a world where everything we use is increasingly connected to the internet.
2. Located by the Pacific Terrace, the Samsung Mobile Bus will allow Gartner Symposium attendees to get a tour and see the latest Samsung mobile devices and solutions, including the Galaxy Note8 — as well as an opportunity to win Samsung products.
3. At Yacht & Beach, the Samsung 3D 360 Lounge space will also be showcasing Samsung’s new 360-degree camera by live streaming 360-degree footage of the event.
4. Located at Swan Café, the Samsung VR Lounge will allow Gartner Symposium attendees to experience the Samsung Gear VR first hand while learning how you can use it to elevate your training or customer experience.
5. HARMAN International, a Samsung company, will be on the expo floor showcasing the use of artificial intelligence for automation and operations, IoT analytics, device and endpoint security as well as management. Attendees can talk to HARMAN’s Connected Services team, which specializes in professional services, design engineering and system integration. Demonstrations will highlight case studies on how organizations can accelerate transformation by bringing together data, design and devices to deliver innovative end-user experiences.
5 Speakers Not to Miss
In addition to all of the exhibitors and technology on display, the annual symposium provides a wealth of industry commentary and insight. Some of this year’s featured speakers are:
- Gus Balbontin, former CTO of Lonely Planet who will speak on how technology has changed the media business in the last 15 years.
- Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO of Salesforce will discuss how bold leadership will drive the future and will offer valuable insights into how a hugely successful company is run.
- Steve Betts, senior vice president and CIO Blue Cross Blue Shield will explain the “why”, “how,” and “what” of the IT transformation as well as sharing key learnings gathered during his career.
- Alexis Ohanian, co-founder of Reddit will delve into a discussion about making something people want and love — as well as imparting advice about design and building a community.
Ultimately, this year’s speakers and exhibitors at the Gartner Symposium can help attendees gain insight into how to form their own digital innovation strategy and to get a first-hand look at the latest trends in today’s enterprise environment.
Get the full agenda for this year’s Gartner Symposium and see what technology awaits.