Coming March 4, 2021, Samsung V/X Live is a free content-rich virtual conference and networking event for businesses of all sizes.
So you’ve decided it’s time to update your workforce with the latest 2-in-1 device. But which 2-in-1 laptop is right for your organization?
Choosing a 2-in-1 device makes sense for an increasing number of mobile workers, especially when being mobile means more than just checking email on the go. Today’s professionals need a technology solution that can deliver a sleek presentation to a potential client while also offering access to compute-intensive back office systems. 2-in-1 devices give you the power of a laptop plus the mobility of a tablet to get both jobs done.
2-in-1s Becoming the New Standard in Productivity
2-in-1 devices are an emerging choice for mobile workers. Download Now
To figure out which of the growing number of 2-in-1 devices fits your needs, consider these five criteria:
- Styling. For mobile professionals, a 2-in-1 needs to offer a form factor styled for both convenience and visual appeal. They need a device that is slim and light enough to tote throughout the day, and attractive enough to make a statement at a customer demonstration. A premium design and vivid AMOLED screen can help to make that big impression.
- Charging time. This is a key consideration for the mobile user looking to get business done while on the move. In addition to extended uptime, mobile professionals need a battery that can juice up quickly, something that will take a full charge while waiting at the airline gate and then deliver productivity throughout the flight. The best devices will power up to 11 hours of video playback on a single charge, then get back up to a full charge with less than three hours of Adaptive Fast Charging.
- Processor speed. If your mobile workforce includes professionals looking to do office-caliber work while on the go, compute capability is important. For workers who process spreadsheets, place orders and engage with CRM systems from their mobile computing devices, the right processor makes all the difference. With Samsung’s Galaxy Book, an Intel Core i5 processor delivers ultra-responsiveness, and makes multitasking a breeze with 8GB of memory.
- Seamless experience. Mobile users want their devices to work together seamlessly. As part of the Galaxy family, the Galaxy Book is features Samsung Flow, an easy-to-use app that let’s users transfer files and documents effortlessly to and from their Galaxy smartphone. Samsung Flow also allows you to authenticate to your Galaxy Book using the biometric sensor on your smartphone. And when WiFi isn’t available, you can use Samsung Flow to quickly tether your Galaxy Book to your smartphone to use it as a mobile hotspot (if your carrier service allows this).
- Bundled keyboard and pen. For those who do serious work on the go, certain productivity tools are a must. That includes a keyboard. A backlit keyboard allows the mobile user to remain productive under a range of conditions. With Samsung’s Galaxy Book, in addition to the included keyboard, the S Pen comes in the box. Ideal for creatives, the S Pen allows customers to sign off on orders and makes it easy for the mobile worker to mark up documents on the fly. IT decision-makers need to look for 2-in-1 laptops that include these essential tools as part of the base package.
The 2-in-1 market is booming, making it a new standard for enterprise devices. Research firm IDC predicts that the B2B “detachable tablet” category will grow from about 1.5 million devices in 2017 to more than 6.5 million units by 2021, indicating that 2-in-1s will replace traditional notebooks and desktops for many workers.
For enterprise IT leaders, that’s great news: It means more choices with which to equip the mobile workforce. But the flood of new devices can be daunting, too, with so many options in play.
A solid set of criteria for comparison greatly simplifies the 2-in-1 laptop selection process. Processor speed and charging time are key to productivity, while styling is a key consideration for the customer-facing professional. Productivity tools and collaborative capabilities help workers get the most value and best use out of their devices.
Guided by these decision points, it gets easier to pick the right 2-in-1 laptop from the beginning, letting employees hit the ground running with the perfect technology fit.
Get the details on our Galaxy Book 2-in-1 device, and learn how it can help mobile worker across a wide range of industries.