Working from different locations day-to-day doesn’t have to mean giving up a dual monitor setup — something that is especially important in this age of hybrid work. Galaxy Book3 devices come equipped with a Second Screen feature, which lets you wirelessly set up a tablet, like Galaxy Tab S8 or any other Galaxy device, as an additional monitor. It’s a dual monitor setup that you can fit in your laptop bag.
The instances when the modern employees of any type of business — from SMB to enterprise — needs a second screen are constantly proliferating. While you may have access to a monitor in-office, you may not from home, or wherever else work is happening today.
Whether you’re taking notes during a videoconference, working through a list of edits to an important document, or simply need more real estate to complete your monthly reporting — there’s no shortage of moments each day where more screen space is required to be effective and productive.
Further, switching back and forth between multiple apps on a single screen is not only inefficient, but it can be downright frustrating. And if you’re called on to present via screenshare in an impromptu moment, you might end up in a spot where you simply cannot perform your job to the best of your ability — through a technology shortcoming like a shortage of shareable screen space, and not one of your own.
Shop special offers
Find out about offers on the latest Samsung technology.See Deals
Speak to a solutions expert
Get expert advice from a solutions consultant.Talk to an Expert
Those reasons and more are exactly why the Second Screen feature was designed and included in Galaxy Book3.
There are two unique ways to use the Second Screen feature, each with their own set of benefits. Firstly, Second Screen lets you mirror your Galaxy Book3 to your tablet so you can take advantage of the S Pen, using it to control your Galaxy Book3, whiteboard or sketch. Or, you can go into the settings menu and extend your screen, giving you more space for multitasking. Just drag across documents and apps to your tablet display and get to work.
Here’s a more detailed look at both:
How to use the Second Screen feature on Galaxy Book3
- The fastest way to access this feature is via just one tap of the Second Screen icon (located within the settings tab on your Galaxy Book3), which enables you to choose your desired connection type.
- You’ll then be prompted to choose the available device you’d like to connect to. Make sure the Second Screen feature is also activated on your Galaxy Tab S8 (pull down the Quick Panel, and tap Second Screen to turn it on) before you do so.
- Alternatively, you can use the keyboard shortcut, the Windows key + K, which will bring up the same prompts.
What’s the best tablet for your business?
Take this quick assessment to see which Samsung tablet would best support your business needs. Click Here
The default Second Screen connectivity option lets you mirror your Galaxy Book3 to your tablet so you can take advantage of the S Pen. Or, if it’s truly more screen real estate you’re interested in, you can go into the settings menu and extend your screen, giving you more space for multitasking. Just drag across documents and apps to your tablet display and get to work.
How to switch from screen mirroring to extend your screen
- Press the Windows key + P. This will bring up a right-side panel of options to control your Second Screen experience on your Galaxy Book3.
- From that list, select “Extend.”
- This will extend your screen to your Galaxy Tab S8, as opposed to mirroring it, allowing you to use it as a separate, second display.
With Second Screen, whether you’re on the go, or simply need a workable at-home monitor solution when you may not have a dedicated second monitor at your disposal, you’ll have the screen space you need to work effectively, and maintain productivity without the frustrations of being limited to a single, notebook-sized screen.
Shop the entire, all-new Galaxy Book3 lineup, right here. Or, if you’re in the market for a new tablet, find the best Galaxy tablet for your multitasking needs with this quick, free assessment. Or, browse Samsung’s full lineup of innovative, business-ready tablets for yourself.