If you consider for a moment how far smartphone design and technology has changed in the very short decade since they burst onto the market, there is one trend that has dominated the evolution — smartphone screen size.
From the days of the tiny 3-inch screen to today’s large-screen devices, we have quickly become accustomed to working on bigger and bigger screens. When Samsung first defined the phablet category of smartphone with the launch of the original Note in 2011, people laughed, dismissing the large 5.3-inch screen as ludicrous for a phone.
Today, a 5.3-inch screen is seen as quite normal, and according to a recent Samsung enterprise mobility trends study conducted by GfK Public Communications and Social Science, 58 percent of mobile workers believe that a smartphone screen size of 5.5-inches or larger is best for work productivity. However, just 27 percent said they have a phone that big, while 71 percent of mobile workers cited working on a small screen size as a top frustration.
The frustration stems from the fact that as smartphones have become more and more powerful, users expect to do more and more of the tasks traditionally associated with desktop computers on their smartphones.
Choosing the Right Mobile Device Is Crucial
Download this white paper for a free guide on how to best meet the mobile device needs of each user. Download Now
Mobile enterprise workers today need a powerful smartphone with a screen that’s capable of allowing them to increase productivity by maximizing what they can do with a single device. Samsung’s new Galaxy Note8 is such a device. Here are five ways in which its large Infinity Screen can boost productivity:
- Resolution: The 6.3-in. QHD+ Super AMOLED display on the Note8 has a resolution of 2960 x 1440 pixels, giving it a razor-sharp pixel density of 522 pixels per inch. Combined with the Super AMOLED technology — which brings deep blacks and high contrast — the Infinity Screen makes it easier to see everything you are working on in crystal clear detail, perfect for preparing charts, refining presentations or working across multiple windows.
- Multi-Window: Speaking of which, the Galaxy Note8’s App Pair feature allows you to instantly launch two apps side-by-side. A single tap can launch your email client and Samsung Notes so you can update your presentation with figures emailed by the finance department. Running late for a meeting? By launching the video calling and navigation apps at once, you can keep track of what’s happening at the meeting while making sure you’re going the right way. And the Note8’s large screen means you won’t be squinting to see what’s happening on either window.
- S Pen: Samsung’s S Pen has always provided the ability to do more with your smartphone, but with the Note8’s always-on display, note-taking has never been easier. Simply pop the S Pen out and begin writing, without needing to unlock the phone or open a specific app. With the S Pen, you can just take down important notes and ideas instantly without having to wait, or shuffle for a pen and notepad. The S Pen is designed to write and feel more like a real pen, giving you precise control of everything on your phone.
- Landscape Mode: Using the Galaxy Note8 in landscape mode allows users to increase productivity even more. The large 6.3-inch screen is augmented by the dual curved edges, which allows you to see even more of what you’re working on. Additionally, the extended 18.5:9 aspect ratio puts more of what is important in front of you. With native apps designed to take advantage of a landscape orientation, power users can get a lot more work done while on the move.
- Ergonomic Design: The unique design of the Note8 means that despite the large smartphone screen size, the device does not feel burdensome or clunky. The symmetrically curved edges allow for optimal grip and easy single-handed usage. The smartphone doen’t feel too big because it has an 84 percent screen-to-body ratio, which means that there is almost no wasted space on this new smartphone.
For companies to make the most out of today’s mobile workforce, they need to ensure their employees are equipped with the right tools to do the job properly. The Galaxy Note8 offers the perfect solution, providing a powerful and highly secure smartphone capable of letting you do real work while on the move. With long battery life and a screen designed to get work done, you’ll be able to make the most of every minute of your working day, freeing up more time to spend with your friends and family.
See how enterprise mobile solutions are changing the way that employees work on a daily basis.