Manufacturing advances have significantly narrowed LED’s pixel pitches, resulting in spectacular displays, especially compared to their low-resolution ancestors. But even newer LED screens are still best viewed from at least 10 feet away. Get any closer and you start to see the individual LEDs, and your viewing experience suffers.
Recognizing this, Samsung developed The Wall, which uses superior microLED technology to refine the viewing experience so businesses and individuals alike can make a bold statement.
With The Wall, millions of bright, micrometer-scale LED lights and a deep black background produce visuals that look stunning from any angle, even in close proximity. The Wall is the first direct-view LED product on the market that’s built to serve two very different markets:
- Commercial end users installing large screens for advertising and marketing, as well as in conference rooms, hotel entrances and guest suites, automotive design centers, hospital lobbies, flagship retail stores and control rooms
- High-net worth consumers who want a high-resolution viewing canvas in their home or a home theater with the best viewing technology on the market
Modernize your workplace with digital signage
Explore how corporate offices are producing dynamic, engaging content for workers and clients alike. Download Now
For both use cases, The Wall can be purchased in predefined sizes — ranging from 75 inches diagonal all the way up to 292 inches. But thanks to The Wall’s modular structure, designers can use it to cover a wall of any nearly dimension or shape with realistic, high-contrast visuals.
Why the buzz?
The Wall offer several unique features, including:
- Detail and clarity: The Wall’s surface is filled with millions of bright microLED lights. Each LED is a single pixel. The result is a wall-filling display that looks as good as premium TVs — but much larger. Employees, customers and partners attending a corporate meeting, for example, will be able to see every tiny detail on the video wall, regardless of where they’re sitting in the room.
- Pure blacks: Samsung’s Black Seal technology gives a deep black background to The Wall’s viewable surface, creating contrast levels unparalleled in direct-view LED. The increased amount of black between the tiny lights means the color black is really black — instead of composite shades of gray. Every detail — even minute differences between shades of dark colors — becomes visible. This true black also minimizes reflection from nearby light sources, a critical feature in industries that rely on clear, easy-to-read optics to do their work, such as federal command and control centers.
- Durability: Black Seal technology also protects The Wall. Most direct-view LED displays use manufacturing techniques that leave the modular LEDs at risk of being damaged by impact, moisture or static shock. The Wall is resistant to these environmental threats, and its design disperses heat, making it more energy-efficient than many other displays. The net result is a massive premium screen that’s ready for real-world usage. It’s perfect for workplaces like federal command and control rooms that need heavy-duty equipment and crisp visual quality.
- Seamless integration: The Wall’s architecture and factory features reduce the need for intensive on-site calibration, so deployment is faster and and installation is less costly. Samsung also offers turnkey service and support to make installation as easy as possible, every step of the way.
- Stunning color: The Wall uses Ultra Chroma technology, which employs a narrower wavelength of color to deliver color purity that’s twice as accurate compared to what’s possible on a direct-view LED display — so colors look both vibrant and natural. Businesses will enjoy this stunning visual fidelity as they unveil new products in a flagship retail store with bold and true-to-brand color choices that draw the eye.
- Every shade: The Wall also uses a variety of Quantum High Dynamic Range (HDR) technologies to deliver peak brightness for every visual. Suddenly, all of those dark scenes in movies that usually make you squint have every shade and nuance revealed in crisp clarity.
- Ultimate flexibility: Modular, seam-free microLED tiles allow you to customize The Wall’s size and shape, optimizing your setting’s layout and aesthetics. Your version of The Wall can be a huge rectangle, an abstract shape or something in between — there are no limits to its structure.
- Super smart: AI algorithms built into The Wall’s display control system dynamically upscale visuals — in up to 8K resolution — ensuring the content is matched and digitally enhanced to take full advantage of the screen’s scale and capabilities. Instead of stretching lower-resolution content so it becomes distorted, which is the standard for viewing technology, The Wall’s AI processing feature intelligently populates additional pixels to create a sharp, defined image regardless of the image’s original resolution.
Direct-view LED has grown exponentially on the commercial display market in the last five years, with large-format video walls slowly transitioning from LCD to LED. The growing adoption rates are only held back by concerns about hardware cost, image quality and durability.
The Wall remains a premium display product for companies and individuals, but its design directly addresses and resolves other barriers to adoption, and its durability increases lifespan while decreasing maintenance costs.
Its visuals are vibrant and crisp from any viewing distance. Architects and designers can choose technology without having to consider optimal viewing distances. In places where people congregate and move, The Wall is durable enough to handle inevitable bumps and spills.
With AI technology, The Wall offers delicate texturing and more natural upscaling capabilities — so you can match on-screen content to the available resolution, reducing video background noise and repairing any distortion as a result of compression. The Wall is ahead of the curve with display technology, but as video quality inevitably improves over time, it has the processing capabilities to keep up. And with Quantum HDR technology, the screen promises to always give viewers a seamless picture with vivid, realistic color and texture.
Most display industry observers see a future where miniLED and microLED gradually replace conventional direct-view LED technology. When it comes to The Wall, the future is already here.
With Samsung digital signage, you can transform your walls — in the office or at home — with vivid, eye-catching color that turns your space into an experience. For your unique business settings, find out how you can utilize digital displays like The Wall in Samsung’s free guide. And if you’re not quite sure what you need, explore Samsung’s range of versatile digital signage options, all engineered for best-in-class functionality and visual wow factor.